Welcome to the 5th Annual Red Bull Tennessee National at Muddy Creek Raceway in eastern Tennessee. The Tennessee National will mark Round 5 of the 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
There’s a proud history for motocross in the Southeast, and much of that history unfolded on the soil of Muddy Creek Raceway. The track only joined the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross schedule in 2013, but many of the top riders on the circuit were already familiar with it from days spent racing there in the amateur ranks.
Even at the pro National, the track offers its family-friendly feel. From the small towns surrounding the track to the deep rows of trucks, trailers and motorhomes in the amateur pits, Muddy Creek Raceway retains its familiar feel. Well, until the gate drops, and today’s top riders and equipment slice up the track, pushing the pace, jumping higher and faster than ever before. That’s when you know this track is ready for its date on the big stage.
And what a stage it is! Muddy Creek weaves in and out of a valley, and offers several tight 180-degree turns that are perfect for passing. On the high speed sections, riders air out huge jumps, from a series of table tops in front of the spectators, to The Bomber uphill triple, the obstacles on pro day aren’t for the faint of heart. The track offers such good racing that several motos have come down to the final turn of the last lap. If you come to witness some Southeastern motocross history first hand, you won’t be disappointed.
- Friday Amateur Practice Day 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
- Friday Night “Pizza Party with the Pros” for ages 12 & under at the Lucas Oil First Class Zone @ 6:00 PM. Meet some of the top 250 pro riders and the lovely Lucas Oil Girls for some fun, food, games and autographs, compliments of Lucas Oil.
- Friday Night Pepsi Team Pit Bike Endurocross Race @ 5:30 PM.
- Friday Night Pepsi Barbie Car Downhill Derby @ 7:00 PM. Borrow one of our cars or bring your own.
- Friday Night Mutty Creek Dog Show @ 8:30 PM. Show off your pampered pooch at our motocross-themed costume contest.
- Saturday visit the Legends and Heroes Moto Museum in Sponsor Village for an up-close and personal look back at 51 years of American Motocross.
- Sunday Rd 6 of the Thor United States MX Mega Series presented by Bridgestone, Rd 9 of the Parts Unlimited Ultra Series presented by FMF and South of the Border, and AMA Pro-Am Points Race. (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Grandstand seating
- Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing
- Covered Super Ticket Viewing Area with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite Paid Parking
- Motorcycle Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Stowers CAT
- Bristol Herald Courier
- News 5 WCYB
- Quaker Steak & Lube
- Powell Companies
- Pizza Plus
- Trading Post Classifieds
Muddy Creek Raceway
180 Hwy 75
Blountville, TN 37617
- Saturday Parking Fee: $10/vehicle
- Gates open Thursday @ Noon and close midnight to 6 am daily. Please plan accordingly.
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- General Information: located at the Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Will Call: located at Gate 2
- First Aid: located at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Security: headquartered at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Lost & Found: located at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Pets Allowed: must remain on leash at all times. Must stay in Camping Area and Amateur Pits. No pets allowed in main fan areas on Saturday.
- No glass bottles allowed on property
- No drones or remote control aircraft permitted
- No pit vehicles. we do not allow pit bikes, quads, scooters, golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No open campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage to your person and property. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children safe. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers. Remember, you share the facility with moving wheels and motorcycles. Be cautious of moving wheels in foot traffic areas.
- Be Social with Muddy Creek Raceway, like the official Facebook page!
- On-site Camping available Thursday – Sunday.
- All vehicles on premises overnight must have a camping permit.
- We will park you as you arrive, in the next available space, in the area of your choice. You may not save spots for people who will arrive later.
- Camping spaces are no wider than 20’.
- All tents/awnings must be staked down securely.
- No campsites, tents or awnings permitted within 40’ of the motocross track fence.
- Gates close Midnight to 6 am daily - please plan accordingly.
- Gate prices do not change until Midnight. If you arrive prior to midnight, you will be charged that day’s admission.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times. If you leave the facility you must have it on in order to re-enter. This is your gate ticket. Do not take it off.
- Quiet time is 11:00 pm nightly. No loud generators after this time.
- Stay off the track: The racetrack if off limits to fans. Only registered racers and authorized personnel are permitted on the racetrack. No one is permitted on the racetrack at night.
- Search Policy: All vehicles are subject to search at any time.
- Prohibited items: No fireworks, glass bottles, kegs, scaffolding or weapons. Promoter is not responsible for return of confiscated items.
- No open campfires. Small contained cooking fires are permitted no larger than 20” diameter.
- Pets allowed - Must remain on leash at all times. Must stay in Camping Area and Amateur Pits. No pets allowed on Pro Side A or in main fan areas on Saturday.
- Fire Extinguishers. All campers/haulers over 20’ should be equipped with a fully functioning fire extinguisher.
- Sanitation: Please use our trash receptacles. If you need trash bags, you can get them from the front gate.
- Sleep Safe: Be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Motocross Racing is a family activity, and one of the most exciting features is the opportunity to camp out and have fun with your family and friends. However, if you are staying overnight in an RV or vehicle, or using a generator, you need to be aware of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Poisoning. CO is a poisonous, colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can be released when burning gasoline, kerosene, oil, propane or wood.
Mind your vehicle and generator exhaust while in close proximity to your family and neighbors. Do not place your generator directly under a slide-out or under your vehicle, where the fumes can seep into the camper. Make sure all exhaust fumes are properly and fully vented, so that they do not become trapped or seep into your sleeping quarters. When sleeping in a van, car or truck, make sure the exhaust is unobstructed if you run the engine for heat. Even when sleeping outdoors under the stars, make sure you are not too close to an exhaust. Devastating consequences can result without proper ventilation.
What to do if you suspect someone has been poisoned:
When you suspect CO poisoning, promptly taking the following actions can save lives:
- Move the victim immediately to fresh air in an open area
- Call 911 and notify track officials immediately.
- Administer CPR if the victim has stopped breathing. (Be careful not to expose yourself to fatal levels of CO poisoning when administering CPR).
Know the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. For more information, please visit the United States Environmental Protection Agency page on Carbon Monoxide.
Tennessee National Winners
|6/6/15||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|6/1/13||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|6/25/16||Cooper Webb||Morehead City, NC||YAM|
|6/6/15||Jeremy Martin||Millville, MN||YAM|
|6/28/14||Cooper Webb||Morehead City, NC||YAM|