Credentials are available to Crew members, Rider Guests, Motorcycle Manufacturer (OEM) Executives, Past Champions, Series Sponsors, Vendors, and Personnel, and Industry Guests.
There are two types of credentials: Season and Event.
- A Season credential is good for the entire 2017 racing season and requires submittal of a photo and notarized annual liability waiver and release.
- An Event credential is only good for the event for which it was issued and can be purchased either online through the racer’s Rider Profile or onsite at Rider Services.
There are two levels of credential access: Crew and Guest.
- A Crew credential is issued to authorized rider mechanics and requires a current AMA membership through August 26, 2017.
- A Guest credential is issued to authorized rider guests, Industry guests, Sponsors, Staff, etc., and does not require an AMA membership.
There are three different credential applications:
- Season Credential Application - Rider Mechanics and Guests and Industry Personnel. Requires a fee.
- Race Team Member Application - Official Race Team Members Only -- Team Managers, Crew Members and Team Guests. Requires advance Team registration and authorization.
- Specialty Credential Application - Credentials are available to Crew members, Rider Guests, Motorcycle Manufacturer (OEM) Executives, Past Champions, Series Sponsors, Vendors, and Personnel, and Industry Guests.. No fee required.
Familiarize yourself with the following terms and conditions.
Allotment: Each Licensed rider may purchase a maximum of two (2) Season Crew and four (4) Season Guest credentials at the discounted rate. Applications will not be processed until the affiliated rider has been approved for a 2017 license.
Age Requirements: The minimum age for a Crew Credential is 18 years, Season or Event. The minimum age for a Season/Event Guest Credential is 5 years. A Release form must be completed for all guests under 18 years of age. Children under 5 years do not require a credential, but must be accompanied by a credentialed adult, and a Minor Release submitted on their behalf.
- Crew: Gate admission and access to Starting Gate, Signal/Mechanics Area, Paddock and Industry Seating. A Signal Pass is required for access to the Signal Area during main motos.
- Guest: Gate admission and access to the Paddock and Industry Seating.
Series Access: An MXS-issued season credential is valid at any AMA Pro Motocross event. An MXS-issued credential does NOT provide access to Supercross events or Arenacross.
Industry Personnel: An Industry credential is reserved for personnel associated with a business within the motorcycle race industry. All industry applicants must be approved by MXS. If approved, a Guest credential only will be issued — not Crew.
Proper Use: Credentials must be worn at all times during events and only by the individual to whom the credential was issued. Presentation of a credential signifies to security that the bearer has signed the required releases and meets the qualifications for access into restricted areas.
Unauthorized Use: Unauthorized or improper use of a credential is prohibited. Credentials are non-transferable and will be revoked immediately if used by any other person.
Replacement: If your credential is lost, stolen or damaged, contact MXS immediately. Depending on the circumstances, a fee may be assessed for replacement.
Applicant Information: Once you have chosen which credential meets your needs, complete the fields and submit for approval. Make sure all information is accurate. Our primary means of communication with you will be by email.
AMA Membership: Crew members MUST have a current AMA membership valid through August 26, 2017 before applying. Memberships can be obtained and/or renewed online or call AMA at (800) 262-5646 prior to submitting application.
Consent: Crew members must also indicate their consent and agreement to the AMA Pro Racing Membership Terms and Conditions, found at the bottom of the form.
Who is your Rider? No more than one rider/team affiliation can be named. MXS will contact the rider to confirm authorization of a credential on his behalf.
Photo: Upload a forward-facing headshot taken in front of a sold light color background. No sunglasses or other distracting images. Your face must be clearly visible.
Releases: Upon completion of the application below, you will receive an email with the 2017 MXS All-Event Release Waiver and Indemnity Agreement. Please print the form and have your signature notarized. In lieu of a notarized signature you may bring the forms with you to sign in the presence of an MX Sports representative at Rider Services/Will Call. If you are a minor, you must have a legal guardian / parent with you when signing the releases mentioned above.
Submittal: Applications must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the first event needed. Approval of applications is in the sole discretion of MXS.
Credential Pick-Up: Upon approval, credentials will be available for pick-up at Rider Services/Will Call at all AMA Pro Motocross events, as well as the final round of Supercross. Credentials will not be mailed. Proper ID must be provided in order to obtain credential. Once again, minors must be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent at the time of credential pickup.
Now that you have familiarized yourself with our Credential Program and depending upon your association with the Series, you may now choose one of the three credential types. Please be sure to select the application below that best suits your situation:
Need More Information? We can be reached at (304) 284.0101 or by email.
Thank you for your application. We’ll see you at the races!