- Media credentials will be issued to national television and radio networks, local television and radio stations, recognized daily newspapers, news services, and racing publications, as well as other publications and internet sites that regularly cover motorsports.
- Requests must be submitted by an editor on behalf of the assigned reporter. Credentials will be issued to authorized personnel only for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on assignment and be named on the application form submitted by the news agency's editor.
- All applications will be carefully screened.
- The minimum age for a media credential is 18 years.
- There are two types of media credentials: Season and Single Event.
- Season credentials are reserved for approved media persons who will attend at least half of the events throughout the season.
- Single Event credentials are reserved for approved media persons who will attend less than half of the events throughout the season.
- There are three levels of media access: Press, Photo and Video.
- Press Pass is issued to journalists and editorial staff and does not provide race track access.
- Photo Pass is strictly issued to Photographers and permits access to the paddock and the race track. Photographers are required to wear an MXS-issued photo vest.
- Video Pass is strictly issued to Videographers and permits access to the paddock and the race track. Videographers are required to wear an MXS-issued video vest.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by an assignment letter from an accredited publication or media outlet. Media credentials will not be offered to freelance journalists or photographers who are not on assignment. Pre-event articles or feature stories are strongly recommended to assist in publicizing the event. Marketing and advertising representatives from approved publications, teams and sponsors will be credentialed only if on editorial assignment.
All requests must be received at least 14 days in advance of the event to be given consideration.
Upon review and approval of a news agency’s application, appropriate media credentials will be arranged and confirmation will be sent. Each person receiving a credential must pick up and sign for his/her credential at the MX Sports Will Call tent. Credentials will not be mailed. Proper ID is required in order to obtain credential.
Season Credential Applicants ONLY. The following items are required of all season applicants:
- Photo: Upload a forward-facing headshot taken in front of a solid light-color background. No sunglasses or other distracting images. Your face must be clearly visible.
- Releases: Releases (see application below) must be brought with you in order to obtain a credential. These releases must be printed in color and notarized. The releases must be turned in at the time the credential is picked up at the MX Sports Will Call Center.
- Media credentials are approved on a case-by-case basis in the sole discretion of MXS. MXS may approve or deny media access at any time, for any or no reason, including inappropriate behavior or violation of event rules.
Need more information? We can be reached at (949) 365-5750. To check status of application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your application. We’ll see you at the races!
MEDIA CREDENTIAL APPLICATION
Did not receive your release? No problem! Click HERE.