In order to apply for a Pro Motocross license, Rider must first have the following readily available:
1. Current AMA membership;
2. Proof of Primary medical insurance coverage (a photo of your current medical card must be uploaded in Step 1);
3. Proof of completetion of ImPACT Concussion Management Test result. This test can be administered online at www.themedicrig.com or at any approved medical facility. ImPACT concussion tests are good for 2 years. If your test was taken in 2015 or earlier, you are due to take the test again in 2017;
4. ALL RIDERS will be required to upload a voided check. Please remove a check write VOID across the check take a picture of the check (make sure legible and void does not cover any of the numbers at the bottom of the check)
FOREIGN RIDERS must have a PayPal account created for transfer of funds directly to your account. Alternative methods are available upon request.
Either of the requirements above is MANDATORY. We will not issue checks, it is your responsibility to provide use with the correct information.
5. Completed IRS Form W-9 (or Form 8233 for Non-Resident Aliens)(Forms provided in Step 1 below);
6. Color headshot photo with face clearly visible;
7. New Applicants: copy of your birth certificate;
8. Foreign Riders: Start Permission Release and certification from home country licensing federation.
Once these items are assimilated, the license application process consists of the following 4 steps:
STEP 1: MX Sports Pro Racing Online Application
Complete the MX Sports Pro Racing Rider Information Application at the bottom of the page, read all steps thoroughly.
Go to AMA Pro Racing Member Network after completing the MX Sports portion of the application below. Upon completion, you will be re-directed back to this page to complete Step 2 .
STEP 3: Mail Required Forms to AMA Pro Racing
Upon completion of the online applications you will receive an email with the following required documents that must be downloaded, printed in color, signed and NOTARIZED.
- 2017 Motocross License Application
- 2017 Motocross License Payment Form
- AMA Pro Racing Membership Terms and Conditions (signature only)
- 2017 Annual Participant Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (notarize)
- 2017 MXS All-Event Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement (notarize)
- Annex B: 2017 Athlete Consent to Doping Control (signature only)
New applicants must include a copy of their birth certificate.
Foreign riders must include a Start Permission Release and certification from their home country licensing federation.
Mail ALL forms (including pages that are text only) to the following address:
AMA Pro Racing
ATTN: Membership Services
525 Fentress Blvd. Suite B
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Mail completed forms to AMA Pro Racing directly to the address above. DO NOT mail forms to MX Sports Pro Racing. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Documents must be received by AMA Pro Racing no later than 30 days prior to your first event of the season. License applications will only be approved in advance and will not be accepted or approved at an event.
STEP 4: Update Rider Profile
MX Sports will notify you by email when your application has been approved and will provide you with login information for your online MX Sports Rider Profile. Through your Rider Profile you can register for events, purchase event tickets, update and maintain sponsors, and manage banking and contact information. It is important that you update your Rider Profile as soon as possible upon receipt of login information. If at any point throughout the season any of your information changes, please update your profile. We are not responsible for pro purse deposits that are deposited into an incorrect account.