Welcome to the 37th running of the Budds Creek National. This year's Budds Creek National will serve as the penultimate round of the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check
- Grandstand seating
- Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing via Two Track Tunnels
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite Free & VIP paid Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Flushable Toilets
- Gates closed Midnight to 6 am daily - please plan accordingly
- No bicycles
- No drones allowed on property
- No pit vehicles. We do not allow bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No bicycles in the pits
- No pets of Saturday
- No glass allowed on property
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- No open campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.
Budds Creek Raceway
27963 Budds Creek Road
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
- Alban CAT
Nestled in the forest of Southern Maryland, Budds Creek Motocross is a legendary, world-class motocross track. It is a favorite among riders and fans alike, as it offers both great racing lines for the riders and a layout that is ideal for spectators. The Budds Creek track sits in a valley, so viewing is outstanding from many locations around the facility. Its natural terrain and scenic beauty have provided a backdrop for legendary races throughout the years, including the 1999 250 cc U.S. Grand Prix in which Kevin Windham beat all of the world championship riders, including ten-time champion Stefan Everts. On the international stage, Budds Creek hosted the 2007 Motocross of Nations, where U.S. team made up of Ricky Carmichael, Tim Ferry, and Ryan Villopoto put in one of the most dominant performances in the history of the event, with Villopoto becoming the first rider in the history of the event to win both of his motos on a 125cc/250f machine.
Since 1989, Budds Creek has hosted an AMA Motocross Championship event every year, whether it be a 125cc/500cc National, a 125cc/250cc National, or in the current form - 250cc/450cc National. It always promises some of the best races of the season.
When not hosting top-level national and international events, Budds Creek also hosts numerous amateur motocross races throughout the year. It is by far the most popular track in AMA District 7, and it is also the Mid-Atlantic Motocross Association's home track. Rarely a weekend goes by without racing at Budds Creek. Any why would it? Track Promoter, Jonathan Beasley, is a racer at heart. "I was a racer in 1973 when a track near my family's property in Maryland opened up," Beasley says of his family's start at motocross promotion, more than 35 years ago. "It was in Hollywood, Maryland. It was run by a group of Naval officers - sadly, the track closed down in late 1973 due to zoning issues. Shortly thereafter, my family got together with the same naval officers and opened up a new facility on our land." That track is known today as Budds Creek. "The naval officers managed the track for three years and helped teach my family how to run it," Beasley says, "Eventually, in 1979, the family business was handed over to me and I began running the facility."
2015 Budds Creek National Winners
450 Class: Justin Barcia (Autotrader.com/Toyota/Yamaha)
250 Class: Marvin Musquin (Red Bull KTM)