Welcome to the 37th running of the Budds Creek National. This year's Budds Creek National will serve as the penultimate round of the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check
- Grandstand seating
- Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing via Two Track Tunnels
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite Free & VIP paid Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Flushable Toilets
- Gates closed Midnight to 6 am daily - please plan accordingly
- No bicycles
- No drones allowed on property
- No pit vehicles. We do not allow bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No bicycles in the pits
- Pets Allowed - Must remain on leash at all times. Must stay in Camping Areas and Amateur Pits. No pets allowed in main fan areas on Saturday.
- No glass allowed on property
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- No open campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.
Budds Creek Raceway
27963 Budds Creek Road
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
- Alban CAT
- Maryland International Speedway
While serious business takes place a half hour away in Washington, D.C., the area around Budds Creek MX is pure relaxation. The nearby Chesapeake Bay draws travelers of all kinds, and perfect summer weather sets the National date as the right time to explore the area.
But while the track itself looks like pure fun, it gets brutally serious at the top level of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. Perhaps fitting for a track so close to the nation’s capital, Budds Creek offers classic American motocross, with the perfect combination of hills, jumps, corners and deep, tacky soil. The racing usually stays close, as passes come down to who can brake a little harder into a turn, or scrub a little harder over a jump. It’s an all-arounder, as if some of the best components of the other twelve National tracks were dropped into a valley to produce an all-around marvel. From the right spots atop the hillsides, you can see it all, as well!
Make a weekend out of this one so you can check out D.C. and the beautiful Maryland countryside, and then sit back for some of the most intense motocross action anywhere. This place is part business, part fun, and all American.
2015 Budds Creek National Winners
450 Class: Justin Barcia (Autotrader.com/Toyota/Yamaha)
250 Class: Marvin Musquin (Red Bull KTM)